The IEEE Council on RFID (CRFID) is excited to announce their second annual Educational Mega-Challenge. This challenge, which is geared towards addressing real-world problems, has been designed to excite and engage the interest of undergraduate students, graduate students and their advisors.
The submitting team should:
- Accredited, degree-program educational institution
- At least one IEEE member and one student member
- A solution using passive UHF RFID.
Teams are asked to prepare as if responding to a request for proposal (RFP).
• Choose a city and a problem it faces that can be addressed by a smart city solution e.g., traffic flow, mass transit, infrastructure support, revenue collections, parks management, etc.)
• Identify a solution that uses RFID. As this challenge is partially supported by the RAIN RFID Alliance, RAIN (passive UHF) RFID technologies must be included in the solution.
• Identify the steps needed to implement the solution.