The IEEE Council on RFID (CRFID) is excited to announce their third annual Educational Mega-Challenge. This challenge, which is geared towards addressing real-world problems, has been designed to excite and engage the interest of undergraduate students, graduate students and their advisors.
The submitting team should:
- Accredited, degree-program educational institution
- At least one IEEE member and one student member
- A solution using passive UHF RFID.
Teams are asked to prepare as if responding to a request for proposal (RFP).
• Choose a city with a problem that can be addressed via an RFID-based smart city solution (e.g., traffic flow, mass transit, infrastructure support, revenue collections, parks management, etc.)
• Put together a cross-functional team of student engineers to solve the problem. There is no specific restriction on which technology is selected (RAIN RFID, BLE, UWB, NFC, etc)
• Write-up your solution and create a three-minute video
• Email your solution to email@example.com by January 25, 2019
Top three submissions will be invited to IEEE RFID 2019 & RFID Journal Live! to present their solutions for selection of the overall winner.
- Identify a technical, social, economic problem that currently exists in the selected city
- Identify a solution to the problem that uses RFID. This year there will be no specific restriction on which technology is selected
- Identify the steps needed to implement the solution
- Identify the RFID technology that will help provide the solution
- Identify the differentiators that sets your solution apart from others (why this solution vs others)
- Include a resource summary (personnel and equipment)
- Include a three-minute video presentation of the solution
- Preference will be given to multi-discipline/cross-functional teams.